Enduses for technical textiles
Possible specific applications for technical textiles are as follows:
- Geotextiles - Drainage, filter, and membrane material, road and tunnel reinforcement, erosion protection.
- Tarpaulins, coverings - Air-inflated structures, tarpaulins, roof coverings, temperature-resistant sails, back-lit advertising signs.
- Safety textiles - Heat and flame-resistant protective clothing for civil and military purposes, fluorescent safety clothing, inflatable life rafts, bullet-proof vests, helmets, sun protection blinds, radiation protection, parachutes, oil trap mats. (Bullet-proof vest fabric can be knitted on a Karl Mayer E 18 raschel machine with a magazine weft insertion and three guide bars. The front bar is threaded with 80dtex polyester guide bars and laps 1-0/2-3. The other two bars 'interweave' with the front bar using the evasion technique 00/11/00/22 and
- Fig. 30.1 EQT full-body competition swimsuit [Adidas].
00/22/00/11 (Chapter 27).These, together with the weft insertion mechanism, are threaded with 840dtex aramid.
- Industrial Textiles - Filter fabrics, conveyor belts, adhesive tapes.
- Medical Textiles - Plasters, tapes, gauze, artificial arteries, bandages, dialysis filters, elastic net bandages, blankets and covers. (Small-diameter, single cylinder machines are ideal for weft knitting tubular stretch bandages from cotton yarn with inlaid elastic yarn ).
- Composites - Composites for buildings, aerospace, automobiles, boats.
- Active Sportswear - Clothing and equipment (Fig. 30.1).
- Nets - Fabrics for construction, agriculture, for safety, weather and pest protection, blinds, fences, storage nets, sacks, fish nets .
Was this article helpful?
Start unlocking your hidden power with self hypnosis by relaxing and staying relaxed. This is just the audio you have been looking for to do just this.
Get My Free MP3 Audio