Singlecylinder sock machines
Mechanically-controlled double-cylinder machines of the Bentley Komet type used to dominate the manufacture of socks but, with the encroachment of microprocessor controls, the simpler and cheaper single-cylinder machines now account for two thirds of new machinery sales. Factors influencing this trend include:
- Greater pattern scope at increased speeds using mono-magnetic needle selection.
- More colours per course when using motif embroidery plating, with up to 7 colours per course or a total of 21 colours in the sock.
- Ability to knit imitation links-links designs.
- Possibility of knitting new design features such as 4-colour intarsia with terry sole.
- Ability to knit tights with pelerine transfer stitch designs.
Was this article helpful?
Start unlocking your hidden power with self hypnosis by relaxing and staying relaxed. This is just the audio you have been looking for to do just this.
Get My Free MP3 Audio